Carter Steven

Carter Steven

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Catching up...

I have come to realize that it is REALLY difficult to keep up with this blog with a 3 month old!! We have been having a really wonderful summer so far. We have taken a couple of road trips and spent a lot of time hanging with our friends and families.
Carter is growing like crazy. I cried a little when I packed away a whole box of clothes that he can't wear anymore. He is still wearing a lot of his 3 month clothes but he can wear some of his 6 month stuff already. He is seriously the funniest baby. He laughs and "talks" all the time. My favorite part of the day is when I get home from work and Carter smiles and laughs. Speaking of work... it was really hard to go back but now that I am there, it is almost like I never left. I got most of my kids back that I had before I left and I have some fun new kiddos. It sure makes the day go by a lot faster when I have adorable kids to play with all day.
Carter thinks his is a big boy already. His favorite thing to do is to stand up and he tries to sit up on his own, but can't quite get his balance. He loves to play on his activity mat and we have started to put him in his excersaucer at night for a few minutes at a time. He really tries to reach out and grab the toys. He found his hands a few weeks ago and they have not stopped going in his mouth since then. It seems we have a little thumb sucker on our hands and as cute as it is, we desperately want to break him of that before he gets addicted!!
Right now, Carter is enjoying his days with his Mimi and his Gigi. I feel so lucky to have them to watch him so I didn't have to put him in daycare right away. It was hard enough leaving him with my mom on the first day so I don't know if I could have left him with a stranger. My mom has him this week and its fun to come home everyday and look at the pictures she has taken of him throughout the day.
We were very blessed last week when Ryan was hired on as a full time employee at his job. He has been working as a temp without any benefits since January but after next month he will be able to get benefits!!
We celebrated what would have been Dad's 55th birthday on July 3. We released more balloons for him like we did last year. It is so hard to believe that this is the 2nd birthday without him. We miss him so much everyday.
I just wanted to write a quick note to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment