Carter Steven

Carter Steven

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

28 Week Appointment

Ryan and I were finally able to make it to my 28 week appointment today after we had to miss it on Monday due to the snow and ice. We almost didn't make it out of our driveway because the ice on it has not melted at all! Luckily Ryan has a 4 wheel drive Explorer so we were able to make it out. I highly doubt my Honda will be able to make it down the driveway for a few more days. The main roads weren't too bad but some of the side roads we passed looked terrible still.

We thought we were going to be in the doctor's office forever today with the all the make up appointments they were going to schedule today but we were in and out in about 20 minutes! I got official word that I passed my glucose test! I also got good reports on my weight and my blood pressure. It seems like things are going pretty smoothly so I hope that it continues. We got to hear Carter's heartbeat again today and it sounded strong. He's is quite the active little guy so I'm not surprised! We saw a few women in the office today that were about to pop. I overheard a lady saying that she was going to be induced tomorrow and I got a little jealous. Then I realized that we have SO much to do before our little boy gets here and I was thankful that I still have about 11 weeks. We are trying to decide whether or not we want to get the 4D ultrasound done. Our doctor's office does them but my insurance doesn't cover it so we are looking at going to Baby Impressions to have it done. I need to call and stop procrastinating. I found a coupon for them today for $20 off so I guess that's more reason to go and get it done!

Ryan and I have used the past few snow days to get a few things done in Carter's room. Yesterday we hung up his wall decals and the fabric canvases that match his bedding. Today I decorated an old lamp shade to match his room. I'm really excited with the way everything is turning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment