Carter Steven

Carter Steven

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30 Weeks and Baby Showers!

I've made it to 30 weeks! Only 10 more weeks to go. I can't believe how fast time is going. Carter's favorite thing to do right now is roll around in my tummy and kick me in the bladder! Work has started getting a little interesting with my growing belly. It's getting harder to get up and down off the floor but I'm still managing! It just takes me a few extra minutes. The kids that I work with have started getting curious about my belly as well. Both my little girls that I saw today rubbed on my belly and looked at me suspiciously. I told them that there was a baby in my belly and that didn't seem to answer their questions!

We have had two showers, one in Tennessee and one here in Simpsonville.

Our Tennessee couples shower was hosted by Kathy Hawkins, a family friend of the Coles, and Ryan's Aunt Teresa. It was a way to include Ryan's friends and family that could not make it out to my shower in Simpsonville. It was very quaint and we had a great time celebrating Carter with them. It was funny to see the men that were at the shower playing the baby shower games. I'm pretty sure they got more into then the ladies that were there. One great thing about having men at the shower was that we got to watch football which is evident in the second picture when I was caught checking the score! Ryan and I got a lot of cute things for Carter. We had a wonderful time with Eddie and April and loved seeing their new home! It is always nice to go back to Tennessee and see Ryan's friends and family.
I had a wonderful shower hosted by my sister Danielle, and two of my best friends, Kaylin and Meghan. It was amazing! My family came in from Georgetown and I had friends come from Columbia and Charleston. The theme for the shower was elephants which was perfect for me. Carter is going to be decked out in adorable elephant stuff! I hope he likes elephants as much as I do!! Danielle, Kaylin and Meghan made some really delicious food and Kaylin planned some fun (but challenging) games! One of my favorite things that Carter got at the shower was a handmade blanket from Lois, a sweet lady that used to work with Dad, that looks EXACTLY like my baby blanket! (I have a blue baby blanket because my mom thought I was a boy... and yes I still sleep with it.) It was so overwhelming going through all of our gifts at the end of the night but I think we are finally getting organized! We have some updated pictures of Carter's room that I will post in the next couple of days.

Thanks to everyone who came to both of our showers and for all the amazing love you have shown us as we get ready to welcome our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment